Saturday, August 31, 2013

Keeping me sane

As time goes on, I find I can keep my sanity better and better. Not to say that I do not become passionate about topics from time to time. Sanity in general though is doing quite well for me, due to having found, Atheism. As my mind hones on Atheism and Skepticism, there is a certain calmness that comes from knowing I didn't just jump right in head first into a big pile of bullshit or even horseshit. That I can stand back research, check and re-check and get the facts or a better probability of truth out of the shit that I encountered. This also helps with people too, although it would seem I need far more work with people then topics, I am slowly getting better at thin slicing* people and making my decisions quicker and quicker. Whether it is people or topics, nothing embarrasses me more then coming to the realization that I just wasted time believing, when I could have been, knowing.

*Malcolm Gladwell's book, Blink.

As always feel free to drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment